Released: June 27, 2022
(WASHINGTON, DC – June 23, 2022) The Federal Laboratory Consortium’s 2022 spring election has identified seven individuals to fill four Executive Board roles and three other elected positions, all of which will start two-year terms on October 1.
FLC Chair Linda Burger, of the National Security Agency, announced the results during the Closing Plenary of the 2022 FLC National Meeting, which was held virtually.
The results of the elections are as follows:
- Member-At-Large: Thomas Stackhouse, National Institutes of Health.
- Mid-Atlantic Region:
- Regional Coordinator: Vladimir Popov of Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Deputy Regional Coordinator: Claudia Haywood of Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Midwest Region:
- Regional Coordinator: Annie Bullock-Yoder of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division
- Deputy Regional Coordinator: Deborah Davis-Brutchen of Air Force Research Laboratory
- Far West Region:
- Regional Coordinator: Jennifer Stewart of Naval Surface Warfare Center, Corona Division
- Deputy Regional Coordinator: Michelle Gonzalez of Sandia National Laboratories
During the election, a majority of voters approved changes to the FLC Bylaws related to management of the organization’s finances. The changes eliminate the Finance Officer position and merge its responsibilities with those of the Host Agency Representative. Both positions are currently held by John Bittman of the National Institute of Standards and Technology; as a result of the vote, he will serve only as Host Agency Representative starting October 1.
About the FLC
The Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer is a formally chartered, nationwide network of more than 300 federal laboratories, agencies, and research centers that foster commercialization best practice strategies and opportunities for accelerating federal technologies from out of the labs and into the marketplace.
To learn more, visit www.federallabs.org.
Media contact: Carolina Olivieri, FLC Marketing Director [email protected]